A. I. S. H. president Ed Banyai led a delegation of about a dozen A.
I. S. H. members to meet with Thelma Drake this morning. Congresswoman
Drake represents Virginia's second district.
The delegation's purpose was to encourage Congesswoman Drake to become aware of a number of issues concerning Israel and the Jews. These included:
- The US passed a law in 1995 to move its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, but has not carried it out.
- In 2003, Congress enacted legislation stating: "American citizens born in Jerusalem shall record their place of birth as Israel." The US State Department has not done so.
- 53 American citizens have been murdered in Israel since the Oslo agreement, 9/13/93. While US law requires the Attorney General to pursue murderers of American citizens and extradite them from wherever they may be to stand trial in the US, this is not done for Americans killed in Israel.
State Department maintains a web site offering rewards leading to the
capture of murderers of American--unless the Americans were murdered in
- The US Consul in Jerusalem does not report to the Embassy in Tel Aviv, but directly to the State Department in Washington. Before he resigned two years ago, Edward Abington served as American Consul General in Jerusalem. Within one month of resigning, he became the PLO representative in Washington, and remains in that role.
- The US continues to transfer hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars directly to the corrupt politicians of the "Palestinian" Authority.
- The implacability of Islam and the continued open demand of the Palestine National Covenant to eradicate Israel.